Secret Vinyl Download #7

I absolutely cannot say what this album is. I'll give you some hints and I can acknowledge if you ask me and you are correct, but I can't say what this is because it would get knocked offline rather quickly. With that said, this is the start of some not terribly rare vinyl rips I'll be sharing. Well, that's not entirely true, because some of them are a little more rare than others, but the material is well known and readily accessible via modern means. These rips though, they're not what I think anyone would consider modern means.

This is a Homemade Deluxe Edition, much like the Prince albums I used to post on my original Unheard Music blog. That said, this album has had several official deluxe reissues, though I'm not particularly happy with them. The packaging and liner notes are all wonderful on those reissues, and a lot of the most important content is present, but there are significant details missing. I'm hoping to take care of those details while supplying the listener with a very high resolution rip of the source material. As for what that source material is, it has NOTHING to do with Gary Larson (HINT HINT!) but plenty to do with west-coast hip-hop in the early nineties, 1992 to be exact.

Some details are needed to be shared about the material featured here, but since I can't say the name of the group or their album, I'm going to be a little vague. With that out of the way, the main album is ripped from an original 1992 US double vinyl pressing distributed by Atlantic Records. This is important because almost all other pressings have significantly different versions of two tracks replacing the original versions, and this goes for all formats. Secondly, those two alternate versions are included here as bonus tracks, taken from a 2017 US double vinyl reissue by Craft Recordings. Third, the original vinyl pressings of the album had an anomaly where the last track on the fourth side should have been the first track on that side and vice versa. I have corrected this odd error, though you can move those tracks around if you want to restore the original vinyl's sequence. Fourth, the bonus tracks are from a very wide variety of sources, though mostly US promo vinyl. A track or two is taken from a European compilation that features most of the remixes, b-sides and non-album tracks the group issued from their first two albums, but three of the tracks are from a rather peculiar Japanese EP. I note the peculiarity as it contains an uncensored version of a track that appears censored on all other releases, and it also features the album version of the same track that ends without being faded out like it does on all other releases. Fifth, just go download it already!


Secret Vinyl Download #7


And for heaven's sake, please drop me a line and let me know what you think of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa Lisa & C+C Music Factory

there's a message in my alpha bits. it says oooooooo.

Ka-meel (sic)