Secret Vinyl Download #10

I've had a long history with this album, as I'm sure many others have as well. The copy this is ripped from arrived on my wedding day in 2014, so they're always linked there in my mind.

This version is a special box set edition with the entire album on 45s. It came with some bonus tracks, two of which feature guests and their vocals, which is kinda funny since there were no vocals recorded expressly for this album. Still, as much as I love it, it's kind of haunting, knowing it's creator passed away right after it was released. Also funny, since I'd heard this album quite a bit before it was released. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'd downloaded Madvillainy and this, both ripped from advance CDs that had tags in the tracks that would interrupt them and tell you what you were listening to. That was kind of annoying, especially for Madvillainy, but it kinda added to the aura of this album. I've still got those mp3s, but I haven't listened to them in forever. Why, when I've got the legitimate article? And I've bought several of copies of this album too. Love JJ's art.

This rip was done several years ago. I don't believe any declicking was performed on it, just editing to get rid of the emptiness at the beginning and end of each side. The label that released this (if you know what this record is you can find who they are rather easily if you don't already know) always does excellent vinyl pressings. They used to have a lot of them pressed at Rainbo Records, which is now sadly defunct. Well, I guess they're owned by United now, so they technically still exist, but it's just not the same.

On a quick note, it should be mentioned that this version of the album is sequenced a little differently than the standard releases of it, so, because I'm such a nice guy, I made an edit of track five that you can use in place of the one included. Just use track 05.1 instead of the standard track 05 and drop track 08 and you'll restore the sequence of the standard album. Also, there are a bunch of photos of the labels for each 45 included along with an old ripping lineage. Biggest difference on it is I use SoundForge 14 now. 

Enjoy!



Secret Vinyl Download #10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa Lisa & C+C Music Factory

there's a message in my alpha bits. it says oooooooo.

Ka-meel (sic)