some remixes I like that I think you might like too

My job is returning to its normal schedule next week, so I'm not going to have much time to post regularly. Not that I've posted much regularly in recent history. Still, I've got a few things up my sleeve and I'd like to post things now and again. I don't have much ready to go right now though, so I'm sharing a few remixes I like that, as the title gives away, I think you might like too. If you don't like them, sorry, I'll post other remixes later. For now though, here are four remixes for your enjoyment.


Pizzy Yelliott - Could You Be Loved (Mungolian Jetset 303 Acid Mix feat. Katzenjammer)

I'm 99% sure I posted this a while ago, though it was probably a very old mp3, whereas this is a fresh transfer from my vinyl. There was some noise in the first eight bars that I couldn't get removed no matter how hard I tried, so I recreated the intro by reassembling the loops from non-shitty sounding parts. If you haven't heard this track before, prepare for some intense weirdness. The Mungolian Jet Set (or Jetset sometimes?) have done a lot of remixes, but this one and their remix of Kreeps' All I Wanna Do Is Break Some Hearts are incredible and will fuck with your head. The Kreeps one is probably on most streaming services, so go find that. This one though, I have no clue what happened to it. Shoulda been huge!


The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers (Morgan Geist Version)

Again, I'm quite sure I've shared this before. It's awesome though. This is another fresh transfer that I cleaned up a bit. Geist turns a scratchy post-punk party tune into a smooth disco groover. This was only on some of the early versions of the 12" single for House of Jealous Lovers. I don't think there was ever an official digital release of it. It's a shame to ignore this.


D'Angelo - Me and Those Dreamin' Eyes of Mine (Jay Dee Remix)

I've definitely shared this somewhere or other. This is my own "remaster" of Dilla's unreleased remix of this D'Angelo classic. I guess the label turned it down, which is hilarious since Dilla went on to produced D'Angelo's Voodoo as part of the Soulquarians. Too good. Seriously, what the hell is the excuse for letting something like this rot in limbo? It should have been released as part of the deluxe reissue of Brown Sugar.


Oasis - Wonderwall (Psychonauts Remix)

Okay, this one I've never shared before, at least not to the best of my knowledge. This is a straight rip from a recording of their BBC Essential Mix from 1996. Who woulda thought Oasis would sound so good with hip-hop breaks and Star Wars samples all over it? This is a formula that could be done for the rest of time and I'd probably never get tired of it. Simply lovely!



I've got a mixtape I made for my nephew that I'll share soon. He's 7 and always asks about my records and tapes, so I made him a genuine, old-school cassette mixtape. I don't think he's listened to it all the way through yet. He's got all summer though, I'm sure he'll get around to it, but that's no reason I can't share it with anyone else too. It's also the debut of my new (and incredibly stupid) DJ alter ego.

Comments

  1. DJ Alter Ego wouldn't be a bad DJ name.... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa Lisa & C+C Music Factory

there's a message in my alpha bits. it says oooooooo.

Ka-meel (sic)